I’ve released version 1.2.5 of the PEAR Net_DNS2 library- you can install it now through the command line PEAR installer:
pear install Net_DNS2
Or download it directly from the Google Code page here.
This release includes some important fixes to the way I was calculating the offset values when building the DNS packets. Here is the full list of changes for this release:
- changed the socket_connect() code to start off non-blocking, and call select() after connect() so a timeout on a invalid server works properly
- added the new TLSA RR – RFC 6698
- fixed the socket defines again; apparently the values of the SOCK are different under solaris
- changed the Net_DNS2_Updater::update() so you can pass a reference to a variable that will be populated with the response object
- moved the lines that add the response server/type to after the is_null() check- it should have been there to begin with.
- fixed a whole bunch of cases where I wasn’t incrementing the offset values properly
- added support to set the RD (recursion desired) bit when making a request